Timer – Description of Meeting Roles
Published on 28/03/12
This post lists recommendations for one role. For other roles, see the disambiguation.
- When a member having a role is overtime (30 sec over the time limit for the role in the agenda), you ring the bell for 2-3 sec (or knock sharply with a pen three times on the table if there is no bell). For example, if a TT Speaker speaks for more than 2:00, you ring (knock) at 2:30 and the speaker knows he/she must finish.
- If the person doesn’t finish, you ring the bell (knock) again 3 times 30 sec later (e.g. for TT Speaker you would knock again at 3 min) and it’s the ultimate end of speaking for that person – no exceptions.
- Record only times of the roles that are in the agenda (you don’t have to record the time of every introduction of the Toastmaster of the meeting, just the ones that are in the agenda) – don’t forget to turn the color card back to the white one after a member finishes speaking on the stage.
- You’ll be asked to read the times three times: after the last Speaker finishes their speech, then after the the last TT Speaker finishes their speech and finally after the Quiz.
- If you can, smile when reporting the times of members with roles! It makes such a difference in how audience perceives your report then! ;)
Check in the CL (Competent Leadership) manual if this role fulfills any of the projects of the manual. If it does, don’t forget to bring your CL manual to the meeting and before the meeting ask someone to evaluate you in that role.